So I decided to make this for dinner last night and it was a really healthy meal. It’s a great tropical themed dish that is relatively fast and easy to make. It helped that the mahi mahi was on sale too. This pairs well with a Caesar salad. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 2 Servings
2 (4 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toss the pineapple, cilantro, and half of lemon juice together in a bowl until evenly mixed; set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray. Arrange the mahi mahi fillets in the prepared broiler pan. Combine remaining lemon juice and olive oil; brush on mahi-mahi. Sprinkle with thyme, basil, lemon pepper, and salt.
Broil mahi-mahi, 4 inches from heat, 2 minutes. Turn and brush second side with olive oil mixture. Continue to broil 2 minutes or until mahi-mahi flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Serve with the pineapple mixture
Related Articles You May Enjoy: