So one of my staple dishes is chicken and vegetable stir fry. It’s an easy dish to make and relatively fast. I usually just use a bag of the frozen stir fry vegetables from Costco. I had this for dinner last night and it was delicious.
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cups soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1.5 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- 4 cups frozen stir fry vegetables (peas, baby corn, water chestnut, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, and onions)
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. You can also use a rice cooker if you have one.
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, corn starch, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir and mix until smooth. Coat chicken with marinade and put in a plastic bag inside the refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving liquid. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken until slightly pink on the inside, about 5 minutes per side. Add stir fry vegetables and reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve over rice.